Are you looking for a low VOC organic zinc-rich epoxy steel primer? If so, Carbozinc 859 is a perfect solution. It has exceptionally quick cure-top traits; therefore, you can use Carbozinc 859 for urgent turnaround needs and in-shop applications.
This product also meets the creep testing as well as Class B slip co-efficient criteria which makes it perfect for application on faying surfaces.
Carbozinc 859 Features
Carbozinc 859 is an excellent choice for many industries. Here’s why:
- It is VOC compliant with all existing AIM regulations.
- It passes class B and creep-testing pre-requisites for application on a faying surface
- It dries really fast, and you can recoat it within 30 minutes of the first recoat. However, the temperature must be within 24°C or 75°F, with humidity under 50%.
- Carbozinc 859 is SSPC Paint 20 or Type II compliant.
- It cures fast
- The lower range of temperature cures down up to 2°C or 35°F.
- It has an impeccable adhesive quality
- It will offer adequate protection against any undercutting corrosion.
- If you are looking for a primer with a proven industrial use record with a spray mechanism, Carbozinc 859 is your solution.
- You can effortlessly use it as a primer for small and unreachable spaces using a roll or brush.
Carboguard 859 Applications
Carbozinc 859 applications include steel primers and high-temperature coatings in the following industries.
- Commercial buildings
- Waste and wastewater management
- Pulp and Paper
- Metals and Mining
- Petrochemical industry
- OIL and Gas Industry (upstream and midstream)
- Commercial Marine environment
|Generic Type||Organic Zinc-Rich Epoxy|
|Available Colors||You can find Carbozinc 859 in two primary colors, which are Gray (0700) and Green (0300)|
|Dry Film Thickness||3 to 5 mils or 76 to 127 microns per coat approximately. However, you should never exceed the dry film thickness of more than 10.0 mils or 250 microns per coat in any case|
|Solid Content||Volume 55% but may vary by up to 2% more or less|
Carboguard 859 Surface Preparation Chart
Here is a quick information on surface preparation for various surfaces
|General Surface||It requires dry and clean before application. In order to ensure flawless application, the surface must be free of any oil, dust, dirt, debris, or any other kind of contaminant.|
|Surface preparation for steel||For application on steel, you must prepare the surface profile as following: SSPC-SP6 at 1.0 to 3 mils, i.e.,25 to 75 microns SSPC SP2 or SSPC SP3, must have a rough surface to apply any touch-ups. In case you are using it on fireproofing product, you can look at the PDS sheet in the link below to help you with surface preparation.|
In case you wish further help on how to use Carbozinc 859, click here to read the PDS and SDS documents.
Where to Buy the Carbozinc 890
Here are some helpful links in case you wish to purchase Carbozinc 859.